Have this soup if you want: healthy immune function, protection against inflammation, cardiovascular benefits, anti-cancer benefits, healthy vision or just a delicious warm soup
Today I’m sharing one of my home’s favorite dish, Creamy Butternut Squash and Mushroom Soup. It’s hearty- It’s creamy- It’s luxurious; It is a gal’s go-to in embracing the early spring chills. Those who are fortunate being served this soup will be singing praises.
Significant Nutrition of Butternut Squash:
Omega-3 Fatty Acid – reduces inflammation, essential for healthy blood functions and building cell membranes in the brain (body does not produce it, we must get it from food)
Vitamin A – vital for eye health
Vitamin C – antioxidant, boost immune system, fights against cell damage
Potassium – relieves anxiety, helps muscle and nerve function, alkalizing agent
Manganese – bone health
Magnesium – fights against diabetes & heart disease, key role in strength of bones and teeth
Iron – main component of hemoglobin- essential part of blood carrying oxygen to cells
B Vitamins: folate, riboflavin, thiamin, B6, niacin – converts food to energy, helps prevent birth defects, eases stress
Also in this recipe is turmeric and cayenne known for their medicinal properties. Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory agent while cayenne shows impressive heart health benefits and is one of richest source of vitamin A among spices.
I do swear, it tastes even better than its undeniable nutrition value.
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 cup unsweetened almond
- 3 shiitake mushrooms
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 cup of almond cream
- 1 tbsp ghee (or butter)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tsp himalaya salt (to taste)
- 2 dashes herbes de provence (to taste)
- Peel the butternut squash, scrape the seeds out and cut them in chunks.
- Peel the garlic cloves.
- Bring 1L of water to boil in a pot then toss peeled butternut squash chunks and garlic cloves. Cover the pot and boil for about 12-15 minutes. (until a fork is able to smoothly enter the butternut squash)
- Remove half of the water from the pot and let it cool.
- Pour the content into a blender or food processor and blend until silky smooth.
- Pour the smooth butternut squash and garlic back into the pot and add half of 1tbsp of ghee, 1/2 cup of almond cream, turmeric powder, cayenne pepper powder, himalaya salt and stir evenly. Set aside.
- Wash and slice cut the shiitake mushrooms.
- Bring a pan to medium heat and add second half of 1tbsp of ghee (or butter). Toss the shiitake mushrooms and bring heat to low. Constantly stir for about 5 minutes then turn the heat off.
- In your beautiful serving bowl pour the creamy butternut squash as desired. Add the shiitake mushrooms on top, garnish with herbes de provence and decorate with remaining almond cream.
- Enjoy. ^^
I hope you love this nourishing soup as much as I do.