What better day than today for a nourishing meal with avocado, quinoa or porcini mushroom or all three? Today is a great day, I’ll say.
This dish might as well be called a vitamin and minerals meal- it’s that nourishing and heart-warming to boot. I do love me some Porcini Mushroom- not only are they mouth-watering but this meaty mushroom contains long chain polysaccharides, immune system booster.
Vitamins in Porcini Mushroom:
- protein – builds muscle, provides energy
- copper – aids in formation of collagen, increase absorption of iron, helps in energy production
- potassium – preserves bone mineral density and muscle mass
- zinc – healthy immune, growth & metabolism
- selenium – healthy immune, fertility
- B vitamins – mind booster: ease stress, quell anxiety, memory aid, relives migraine
Another super ingredient in this nourishing recipe is quinoa, a protein powerhouse. Quinoa is a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids and helps to prevent heart disease by reducing high blood pressure and diabetes. Quinoa is also rich with fibers which lowers cholesterol and glucose levels, lowering risks of developing hemorrhoids and help maintain a healthy weight by keeping you fuller for longer.
So, are you ready for this mouth-watering stew? Click Instructions on the left side bar to get the recipe.
- 700 g porcini mushroom
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 avocado
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- In a saucepan, cover porcini mushrooms and quinoa with water.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat, simmer for 12 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Place desired amount into a bowl, add avocados on top and sprinkle cayenne pepper.
Enjoy! xx j