Sweet potatoes are the most delicious root vegetable of them all. It’s totally one of my favourite food and I especially love them baked and stuffed. I’ve been devouring on it stuffed with all sorts of various cheese, vegetables, nuts and seeds. The one I’m sharing with you guys today is simple and just divine- on top of my list.
Can something that taste this soft and creamy be so nutritious for us? Oh, yes! Sweet potato hail as one of the richest source of natural vitamin A, with more than 100 per of daily recommended dosage. Not only that, it comes loaded with fiber, protein and complex carbohydrate that the body converts into energy for our body.
Sweet potatoes also belong in beauty food category. First, they look absolutely beautiful on a plate with its vibrant hue – leading to my second point – it’s in these vibrant colours that gives us generous amounts of beta carotene. Beta carotene’s defensive qualities protect us against sun damage exposure to our skin.
- 1 sweet potato per person
- cherry tomatoes
- goat cheese
- coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 200° C.
- Line a sheet of aluminum foil on a baking tray.
- Prick sweet potatoes using a knife or a fork several then coat it with coconut oil.
- When the oven is heated, pop the tray in with sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Flip over once around mid-point time. Your baking time may vary a few minutes depending on the thickness of the sweet potatoes.
- While potatoes are baking, chop broccoli florets in to bite size and cut the cherry tomatoes in half of a half.
- In frying pan, stir fly broccoli with coconut oil fist for a couple of minutes then add the tomatoes with on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are perfectly baked, slice in half and add the stir fried broccoli and cherry tomatoes — and sprinkle desired amount of goat cheese for the extra wow effect!
- Pop ‘em back in the over for 5 minutes for cheese to melt.
- When cheese looks cheesy, take it out and serve.
- Enjoy ^^
pre-baking, pricked then coated with coconut oil
add seared broccoli & tomatoes, sprinkle goat cheese on top
serve as meal or side